Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Hi all! I have updated my blog seriously, as I have decided to revamp the look, work it and start adding more to it! So hopefully I start receiving a lot more love over here as I start paying more attention to it!

Today myself and my dear sweetheart went for a walk around our town, looking around at all the historic architecture, checking out our neighbours Christmas decorations.
We ended up taking a few outfit photos, where I got all christmasy in my colours!












We were giddily interrupted by a couple of lovely friendly border collies, who skipped on over to see what we were doing, wagging their tails happily.







I do so miss my beautiful Tigger, he is the happiest little king charles/beagle you'll ever meet. I do love animals very much, and not being able to have them around in a rental home is getting hard for me to deal with. But we must sacrifice things we love, I guess!


The pinafore trousers I am wearing are from Vivien of Holloway and I've blogged about them before. I bought them many months ago when they were on sale, and they really are comfortable and beautiful garments. I do assure short girls that I'd want to make sure that you shouldn't worry about the length of the legs and straps for the arms, as everything else fits me but those- the length in the legs for short girls is RIDICULOUS, and if you are like me, you need a little help keeping the straps on your arms! A little altering won't stop you enjoying your pinafore trousers though; they are just so easily put on with a cute top underneath to look vintage without even trying.
Looking vintage isn't really that hard, it's just all about finding pieces that ladies would have worn in the era you have warmed to the most. These trousers are actually made from 1950's patterns, so they are in the exact size that ladies would have had back then- a pre-warning, don't feel huge if you are buying a size above what you normally get, as the waists on these are teeny tiny as you can see in my photographs!


I hope you ladies and gents are having a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Our little tree says hello to yours!


xoxoxo

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment